Photovoltaic (PV) solar panel technology has come on in leaps and bounds in just a few years. Increased panel efficiency, tumbling manufacturing costs (down 50% in 2 years) and the Feed in Tariff incentive make a home solar installation an attractive financial proposition. Look at our case study or request a no-obligation quotation to learn more.
Free Solar Energy
Solar is a free, clean and abundant source of power. The Government is committed to renewable energy generation and supports its uptake with generous financial incentives. While enjoying returns that far exceed typical savings rates, you can rest easy that you are doing your bit to reduce pollution and make our world a more enjoyable place to live and work.
Photovoltaic Solar Panels
PV solar panels work by converting daylight into electricity for use around your home. Through the Feed in Tariff incentive, the Government will pay you for every unit of electricity your solar array generates – regardless of how it is used. A PV solar system generates revenue for the homeowner in three ways:
- You are paid for every unit (kW) of electricity generated
- By generating your own power you draw less electricity from the National Grid
- Electricity that you generate and do not use is exported back to the Grid – you get paid per kW exported
Solar Panels Scotland?
Your concerns are understandable, but rest easy, there is plenty of daylight in Scotland to power your new solar array. Technology and efficiency improvements ensure that modern PV solar panels perform well even on overcast and cloudy days. In any event, when calculating the expected performance and return on investment for any solar system we take account of your location, the orientation and pitch of the panels and a number of other factors.
Benefits of PV Solar Panels
- Earn a guaranteed income for 20-years with the Feed-in-Tariff returning up to £20,000 over the entire period
- Slash your electricity bills using the free electricity generated by your photovoltaic solar system. A typical setup can produce around 50% of the electricity you use
- Sell the electricity you don’t use back to the Grid and generate additional revenue
- Add value to your home: solar panels have a lifespan of up to 40 years so future owners can also enjoy the benefits of free electricity increasing the value and attractiveness of your property
- Solar panels are a green renewable energy source that can help to cut your carbon footprint and reduce harmful carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions
- Your new solar system is self-cleaning and requires little to no maintenance – just sit back and let it generate free electricity year after year